Zix Customer Advisory – Coronavirus
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, Zix has activated its pandemic plan in accordance with our standard business continuity practices. The intent of this plan is to provide for the ongoing health and safety of our employees, partners and the community while ensuring seamless service operations for our customers throughout this outbreak as well as compliance with governmental regulations and public health guidance.
Our pandemic plan has calls for a phased approach consistent with guidelines recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control which include assessing an incident and then containing and mitigating risk. The plan identifies specific actions that are triggered based upon the assessed severity. We have assembled a response team that is monitoring the situation on an ongoing basis and implementing actions in accordance with our plan.
All Zix services are operational. As a precautionary measure, Zix has implemented the following control measures designed to minimize the risk of impact to our services:
- Hygiene - We ask those with access to our facilities and data centers to practice heightened
levels of hygiene. To facilitate, we offer hand sanitizer and liquid-soap for hand washing.
- Entrance restrictions - We have made our facilities and data centers off limits to individuals who
have a fever or other flu symptoms or have visited a Coronavirus hotspot in the past 14 days.
Travel - Employees have been given guidance to restrict travel to Coronavirus hotspots.
- Public guidance and requirements - We adhere to the requirements and recommendations of
government agencies and cooperate with landlord requirements to control the spread of
Continued monitoring - We will implement additional control measures as events
- unfold. Should an outbreak hotspot develop around an office location or data center, we will
take additional precautions.
- Remote work: All essential employees are capable of working remotely to maintain service continuity.
- Critical Vendors: We have engaged critical vendors and partners to ensure that they have been likewise reviewing the situation and implementing safeguards to ensure business-continuity.
We are monitoring the situation and implementing procedures found to be successful in preserving business continuity. If you have any questions about our preparedness for the Coronavirus outbreak, please contact your Customer Relationship Manager or our support team.