Microsoft NCE Best Practices Guide
What is the Microsoft New Commerce Experience?
Microsoft recently unveiled a multi-stage, multi-year investment in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program to help companies reduce complexity and achieve better purchasing flexibility. The new commerce experience brings the CSP program into alignment with other programs, such as the Enterprise Agreement. It and includes new licensing and monthly subscription options for commercial licenses so that all customers have a consistent purchasing experience and are subject to the same terms and conditions for cloud purchases regardless of the Microsoft sales motion. Zix | AppRiver is here to help our partners navigate these changes and the corresponding effects on your business.
What is the timeline and what does that mean for you?
The New Commerce Experience will be generally available starting in January 10, 2022, and Microsoft will require all new subscriptions to take place in NCE starting March 10, 2022. The NCE launch promotional period (January 10, 2022 to June 30, 2022) is designed to ease the transition.
- Review your terms and conditions to ensure the customer understands the commitment to the NCE subscription policies. Refer to the New Commerce for CSP Operating Guide for terms and conditions.
- For SKUs impacted by the March price increase, consider canceling legacy subscriptions and migrating to the Annual NCE agreement before March 1, 2022 to avoid the price increase for a year AND reduce current cost by 5%.
- Even though Microsoft suggested they will extend the 5% promo through June, to guarantee the best pricing move to an annual term before March 31, 2022.
- If you are a Silver or Gold partner receiving CSP Reseller Incentives, make sure to migrate before January 2023, otherwise incentives will stop. Only NCE subscriptions will be counted towards rebates starting January 2023.
- Customers can have both monthly and annual subscriptions for the same SKUs. Minimize cost with an annual subscription for the average annual employee count, while using monthly subscriptions for seats expected to be unused for 3 months or more each year.
Please note, every partner’s circumstances are different – for more in-depth advice on your Microsoft instance, please schedule a NCE consultation with our team
For more guidance, contact your Channel Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your NCE consultation.Download Now